Sat, 24 July|
Morning Session: Paediatric Feeding Assessment – The Nuts and Bolts Of It
Designed for Speech Pathologists and Occupational Therapists, this session covers the fundamentals of paediatric feeding assessment.
Time & Location
24 July 2021, 8:30 am – 12:00 pm AWST
Next Challenge, 4/14 Main St, Osborne Park WA 6017, Australia
About the Event
- Designed for clinicians who are new to the area of paediatric feeding (ie <5 years experience)
- How to differentiate picky eating, oro-motor disordered eating, Paediatric Feeding Disorders, Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorders and more
- How to do an oral motor examination on infants, toddlers and children with loads of practical strategies to make it a success
- How to interpret what you see; dentition, facial features, respiration, swallow pattern, biting, chewing and more
- What you need to know about the tongue – tongue tie, tongue thrust and tongues that aren’t doing what you’d expect
- The impact of anxiety, trauma, sensory overwhelm and other pervasive difficulties
- Collecting data that you can measure change with
- Setting goals that you can measure change against
- When to refer on to team members like Dietitians, or medical specialists
All of this is supported by handouts, video footage, case examples and plenty of opportunities to ask questions and work collaboratively.
✨ Don't need a printed manual? Use the code NOPRINT at checkout to save $13 off rego, and receive an electronic copy prior to the event
✨ Morning tea and light refreshments inlcuded
✨ Register for both the morning and afternoon session, and lunch is on us!
✨ Parking is available onsite, or walk 10 minutes from Glendalough train station
Morning Session Ticket
+$3.38 Service fee
Don't need a printed manual? Use the code NOPRINT to save $13 on rego, and feel smug about saving the trees. You'll receive the slide outlines electronically ahead of time.
+$3.38 Service fee